On Demand: Critical Care Coding and Documentation - 2022 Update
Recorded On: 02/16/2022
Critical Care Coding and Documentation - 2022 Update
Total Runtime: 89 minutes
The guidelines for billing Critical Care Services were updated in Medicare’s final 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. In this course led by consultant Teri Romano, BSN, MBS, CPC, CMDP, we will delve into what’s new and clear up some of the confusion on topics like split/shared services, the global period, and more. We will also discuss the new modifiers FS and FT and what has changed with concurrent care..
This 89-minute on demand course analyzes the critical care rules for Medicare, with a detailed look at changes effective in 2022 that apply to you.
In this course we will:
- Refresh your understanding of billing critical care during the global period. Is it still allowable for unrelated issues? And who can bill it? What is acceptable documentation?
- Define the new critical care modifiers, FS and FT. When is each one used?
- Clarify split/shared service: when can the add-on code be billed and who can bill it on the same day as 99291
- Understand concurrent care re-defined. Can two providers bill during the same time period? Under what circumstances?
- Present actual critical care scenarios to demonstrate documentation imperatives.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American College of Surgeons designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Of the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ listed above, a maximum of 1.25 credit meet the requirements for Self-Assessment.
2022 AAPC CEUs
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.5 CEUs. On Demand product requires successful completion of a PostTest for Core A, CEMC, CPMA and CDEO for continuing education
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312 642-8310
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|