On Demand Bundle 2: Avoid Denials! Code Hospital Services Correctly! + Critical Care Documentation and Coding Update: Medicare 2022-Non member
- Registration Closed
Avoid Denials! Code Hospital Services Correctly
Please Note: CEUs for Avoid Denials! Code Hospital Services Correctly expire on 3/31/2023
Please Note: CMEs for Avoid Denials! Code Hospital Services Correctly Expire on 2/25/2023
Total Runtime: 88 minutes
This 88-minute virtual course helps you to code hospital services correctly and avoid denials.
When surgeons treat patients in the Emergency Department, on observation and inpatient units—code selection and documentation are key. In order to be paid, you need to select the right type of service (category of code) and level of service describing the care you provided and documented. Selecting the wrong type of service leads to denials. Selecting the wrong level of service can lead to audits or under payments. While observation and inpatient services can be based on the key components or time, ED visits must be coded based on the key components. Learn when it is beneficial to use time in code selection, and how to document it. Join us to learn what you and your coders need to know about correct coding for hospital E/M services.
- Determine the correct category of code
- Know when to use time to select the level of service, and how to document
- Select the level of service based on history, exam and medical decision making
Critical Care Coding and Documentation - 2022 Update
Please Note: CEUs for Critical Care Coding and Documentation - 2022 Update expire on 3/31/2023
Please Note: CMEs for Critical Care Coding and Documentation - 2022 Update expire on 2/25/2023
Total Runtime: 89 minutes
The guidelines for billing Critical Care Services were updated in Medicare’s final 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. In this course led by consultant Teri Romano, BSN, MBS, CPC, CMDP, we will delve into what’s new and clear up some of the confusion on topics like split/shared services, the global period, and more. We will also discuss the new modifiers FS and FT and what has changed with concurrent care..
This 89-minute on demand course analyzes the critical care rules for Medicare, with a detailed look at changes effective in 2022 that apply to you.
In this course we will:
- Refresh your understanding of billing critical care during the global period. Is it still allowable for unrelated issues? And who can bill it? What is acceptable documentation?
- Define the new critical care modifiers, FS and FT. When is each one used?
- Clarify split/shared service: when can the add-on code be billed and who can bill it on the same day as 99291
- Understand concurrent care re-defined. Can two providers bill during the same time period? Under what circumstances?
- Present actual critical care scenarios to demonstrate documentation imperatives.
Course Access and Expiration
You will have access to this course for 90 days from the day you purchase it.
Should you have questions, please contact us at