Colorectal Surgery Coding and Reimbursement - Module 2
This 50-minute module will answer:
- What’s included in a colorectal surgery? What about an endoscope after the surgery to check the anastomoses? What about an omental flap?
- How is a low pelvic anastomosis with a diverting ileostomy instead of a colostomy reported?
- What does a hand-assisted procedure mean and how is it reported?
- What differentiates a simple versus complex destructions of anal lesions?
- What’s the difference between a fistula and a fissure?
Teri Romano, BSN, MBA, CPC, CMDP
Speaker and Consultant
KarenZupko & Associates, Inc.
Teri Romano has over twenty-five years of consulting and teaching experience in the health care field. Ms. Romano works with physician groups and hospitals combining a background in clinical systems with solid approaches to operational and organizational problem solving.
Find out about more about Teri Romano, RN, MBA, CPC, CMDP