Power Up Your Interventional Pain Management Coding Series
Total Runtime: 7 Hours
CEU Accreditation: This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 7.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Pain management is a complex field, and providers face intense scrutiny from many payors.
Whether performed in-office or in the ASC, most pain procedures are subject to detailed and restrictive coverage policies. Physicians who remain unaware of these policies risk denials, revenue loss, and potential audits and paybacks.
This intensive 7 module webinar series covers the most critical issues for this unique specialty. It’s packed with the knowledge and tools providers and their staff need to understand payor policies, get paid accurately, and improve the bottom line.
Using examples of payor coverage policy samples for pain treatment, we will show you how to incorporate payor policy guidance into your daily practice. You will learn how to dissect the clinical criteria to create the must-have documentation to justify coverage.
You will get an overview of ICD-10-CM coding for pain management to support medical necessity for the services you provide and ensure you are reporting your diagnoses accurately.
You’ll get an update on 2021 E/M services and review case studies to sharpen your documentation skills. Consultations, Emergency Department, and hospital E/M services will be reviewed.
You’ll learn interventional procedure coding for spine, joint, soft tissue, tendon, nerve block injections, PRP, and more, 2022 changes to interventional procedure codes, including new genicular nerve codes. We will address reimbursement essentials such as Medicare rules—including bundling and CCI edits.
- As a result of attending this webinar series, attendees will be able to:
- Define documentation risk areas and understand how to avoid them.
- Choose appropriate codes and modifiers for interventional procedures for spine, joint, soft tissue, tendon, and nerve block injections.
- Comply with pain coding and payor rules.
- Apply use of interventional pain coverage policies to the reimbursement workflow.
- Apply coding rules and principles for reporting E/M and in office procedures for services to avoid audits.
- Review ICD-10-CM coding related to pain management.
- Correctly bill for incident-to services.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Module 1 - Overview of Coding and Reimbursement | Runtime: 1 Hour 6 Minutes
- Intro; Medical Coverage Policies
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) Guidance
- The global period and modifiers commonly used in pain management
Module 2 - Pain Procedures I | Runtime: 45 Minutes
- Intro; Procedure Coding Principles; Imaging Guidance
- Moderate Sedation
- Carpal Tunnel; Trigger Point
- Dry Needling; Acupuncture; Paraspinal Muscle; Platelet Rich Plasma
- Joint, Bursa or Ganglion Cyst; SI Joint
Module 3 - Pain Procedures II | Runtime: 34 Minutes
- Intro; Somatic Nerves
- Autonomic Nerves;
- Genicular Nerve Chemodenervation
Module 4 - Pain Procedures III| Runtime: 44 Minutes
- Intro; Epidural; Transforaminal
- Blocks; Neurolysis
- Neurostimulators; Spinal Pumps
- How to Bill the Unlisted Code
Module 5 - Evaluation and Management Services | Runtime: 1 Hour 24 Minutes
- Intro; E/M Overview; History
- E/M Exam
- E/M MDM
- E/M Consultation Codes; Time
- E/M Case Studies
- NPP Billing
Module 6 - Evaluation and Management Services for the Office or Other Outpatient Services 2021 | Runtime: 1 Hour 28 Minutes
- Intro; 2021 E/M Overview; MDM Intro
- MDM Element 1: Number and Complexity of Problems Addressed
- MDM Element 2: Data
- MDM Element 3: Risk
- Other Definitions; Time; Prolonged Service
- E/M Case Studies
Module 7 - ICD-10-CM | Runtime: 55 Minutes
- Intro; ICD-10 General Guidelines
- Pain Coding
- New Codes; G89
Deborah Grider, CDIP, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-I, CPC-P, COC, CEMC, CPMA.
Consultant and Speaker
Deborah is a nationally sought after leader in the industry and is passionate about assisting physicians and hospitals in improving their coding, documentation, and business operations to maintain compliance and improve revenue. She will go above and beyond to help industry leaders, physicians and others achieve excellence.
Find out about more about Deborah Grider, CDIP, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-I, CPC-P, COC, CEMC, CPMA.
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 7.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 7.0 CEUs. Can be split between Core A, CASCC, CEMC, CANPC, and CPMA after successful completion of post-test for continuing education units.
Course Access and Expiration
You will have access to this series for 70 days from the day you purchase it. After 70 days your access will expire.
Should you have questions, please contact us at
Who Should Enroll?
Anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedists, Pain management practitioners and PM&R physicians who deliver interventional pain services and procedures. Other providers, managers, billers, and coders who work in pain management, PM&R, and orthopedic or neurosurgical practices that treat pain would also benefit from this webinar series.
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at email@example.com or call 312 642-8310