On-Demand: PA and NP Billing Update for Orthopaedics
Recorded On: 02/09/2022
- Registration Closed
PA and NP Billing Update for Orthopaedics
Note: Course is no longer accredited with CEU's
CMS made significant changes to its non-physician provider (NPP) billing rules in 2022. Dive into the intricacies of incident to, direct, and split/shared billing for Medicare claims, with a focus on applying the new CMS criteria.
This 1-hour virtual course analyzes the NPP billing options for Medicare, with a detailed look at changes effective in 2022 that apply in orthopaedic practices.
In this session you will:
- Refresh your understanding of the definitions and criteria for incident to, direct, and split/shared billing.
- Compare CMS’s previous rules for split/shared reporting with what’s new in 2022.
- Learn about a new modifier CMS requires for split/shared services.
- Assess orthopaedic scenarios to practice applying these essential billing concepts.
Sarah Wiskerchen, MBA, CPC
Consultant and Speaker
Sarah is an experienced, professional, approachable consultant and speaker who succeeds in helping clients identify both risk and opportunity in their coding, reimbursement, and operational systems.
Sarah has been KZA’s lead orthopaedic educator since 2020, has taught nationally for the AAOS workshop series since 2016, and has been helping orthopaedic clients for 28 years. Clients appreciate her knowledge of musculoskeletal scenarios and her down-to-earth teaching style.
She has significant consulting experience in orthopaedics, presenting on CPT and ICD-10 coding for the annual AAOS national workshop series and annual meetings for ASSH, AAOS, and OTA. Sarah has also presented for dozens of state societies, as well as a wide variety of academic, employed and private practices. Her comprehensive knowledge of complex surgical coding concepts, including ICD-10-CM codes and surgical modifiers specific to hand, shoulder, podiatry, hip, knee, and total joint procedures make her a sought-after educator, trainer and speaker.
Find out more about Sarah Wiskerchen, MBA, CPC.
Note: Course is no longer accredited with AAPC CEU's
Course Access and Expiration
You will have access to this for 30 days from the day you purchase it.
Should you have questions, please contact us at
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312 642-8310