On Demand: Office Procedures—Document and Code Them Right
Recorded On: 02/25/2022
Office Procedures—Document and Code Them Right
Total Runtime: 60 minutes
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEUs. Accreditation expiration date: 5/31/2024.
Coding for procedures done in your office depends on understanding the criteria for the procedure supported by surgeon-friendly templates to capture essential documentation. Surgeons commonly excise lesions, perform biopsies, and do laceration repairs in their office and other outpatient settings. Often, EHR templates fail to prompt you to document key information to support the code. When insurers ask for records or you file an appeal—the missing details result in no payment. This session walks you through examples of solid documentation for office procedures and appropriate use of modifier -25 and discusses diagnosis coding that establishes medical necessity for the service.
The handbook for this course was recently updated, to reflect the current guidelines for 2023.
- Document office procedures based on the CPT requirements
- Select the correct codes for office procedures
- Be confident when to bill for both an office visit and a procedure and use modifier -25
Reminder: You have 30 days to complete the course from the day you open and access the course.
Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC
Consultant and Speaker
Betsy Nicoletti simplifies complex coding for physicians and their staff, allowing medical practices to get paid for the services performed.
Betsy is the founder of CodingIntel.com, a community web site devoted to physician reimbursement. She is also the author of The Field Guide to Physician Coding 3rd Edition and Auditing Physician Services 2nd Edition. She developed The Accurate Coding System™ to help doctors get paid for the work they do. As a certified professional coder, Betsy simplifies complex coding rules for practitioners and engages physicians and coders. She audits records for compliance and to identify lost revenue due to coding.
Find out more about Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEUs. Can be split between Core A, CEMC and CPMA after successful completion of a Post-Test for continuing education units. Please be aware that you need to claim your credits before the expiration date listed below.
Accreditation expiration date: 5/31/2024
Course Access and Expiration
You have 30 days to complete this course from the day you first access the content.
Should you have questions, please contact us at
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312 642-8310
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|