On Demand: Office E/M Coding for Surgeons
Recorded On: 02/10/2022
Office E/M Coding for Surgeons
Total Runtime: 85 minutes
One year later we look at the problems and solutions in re-configured outpatient E/M codes.
This 85-minute virtual course analyzes the CPT E/M guidelines that apply to office new and established patient visits, presenting them in a distilled, understandable way. We’ll break down and explain the restructured elements of Medical Decision Making and Time and demonstrate how they are applied using example scenarios.
- • Identify the three elements of Medical Decision Making for Office and Other outpatient visit
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes.
- • Describe when time can be used for code level selection
- • Differentiate between types of problems addressed
- • Understand how data reviewed and analyzed is counted
- • Distinguish level of risk as it relates to code level selection
Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC
Consultant and Speaker
Betsy Nicoletti simplifies complex coding for physicians and their staff, allowing medical practices to get paid for the services performed.
Betsy is the founder of CodingIntel.com, a community web site devoted to physician reimbursement. She is also the author of The Field Guide to Physician Coding 3rd Edition and Auditing Physician Services 2nd Edition. She developed The Accurate Coding System™ to help doctors get paid for the work they do. As a certified professional coder, Betsy simplifies complex coding rules for practitioners and engages physicians and coders. She audits records for compliance and to identify lost revenue due to coding.
Find out more about Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American College of Surgeons designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Of the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ listed above, a maximum of 1 credit meet the requirements for Self-Assessment.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.5 CEUs. Can be split between Core A, CEMC, CPMA and CGSC after successful completion of a Post-Test for continuing education units.
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312 642-8310
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|