On-Demand - E/M Coding & Office Procedure Coding Workshop
Recorded On: 09/24/2021
- Registration Closed
Total Time: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes
- Demonstrate comprehension of the difference between the 2020 E/M documentation requirements compared to the revised 2021 E/M documentation requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of when to report consultation codes instead of other E/M codes to increase reimbursement when applicable.
- Report E/M services with modifier 25 compliantly.
- Distinguish the difference between the diagnostic endoscopy codes 31231, 31575 and 92511.
- Describe the documentation requirements for using the cerumen removal code, 69210, and when an E/M code may be separately reported.
- Apply E/M modifiers accurately.
- Describe the telehealth guidelines changes allowed during the public health emergency
- Identify key requirements for “incident to”, direct and shared/split billing non-physician practitioners (NPPs)
View the full course agenda here:
Kim Pollock, RN, MBA, CPC, CMDP
Senior Consultant and Speaker
Kim is a nationally recognized coding expert. Her energetic and engaging teaching style makes her a sought-after educator, trainer and speaker. Her nursing background provides her with the ability to understand both the clinical and coding attributes of a procedure. She is an expert in analyzing chart documentation and in reengineering practices to enhance the reimbursement process. Kim has worked with small and large as well as private and academic and employed practices to provide coding education as well as performed documentation reviews.
Find out more about Kim Pollock, RN, MBA, CPC, CMDP.
Continuing Education Credits
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To claim credits the CME Evaluation must be completed and Continuing Education Quiz must be passed (with 70% or greater). Once these are complete you will be able to claim the CME certificate in the product.
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 4.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 4.0 CEUs. Can be split between Core A and all specialties except CIRCC and CASCC after successful completion of post-test for continuing education units.