On Demand: Avoid Denials! Code Hospital Services Correctly!
Avoid Denials! Code Hospital Services Correctly!
This 88-minute virtual course helps you to code hospital services correctly and avoid denials.
When surgeons treat patients in the Emergency Department, on observation and inpatient units—code selection and documentation are key. In order to be paid, you need to select the right type of service (category of code) and level of service describing the care you provided and documented. Selecting the wrong type of service leads to denials. Selecting the wrong level of service can lead to audits or under payments. While observation and inpatient services can be based on the key components or time, ED visits must be coded based on the key components. Learn when it is beneficial to use time in code selection, and how to document it. Join us to learn what you and your coders need to know about correct coding for hospital E/M services.
Determine the correct category of code
Know when to use time to select the level of service, and how to document
Select the level of service based on history, exam and medical decision making
Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC
Consultant and Speaker
Betsy Nicoletti simplifies complex coding for physicians and their staff, allowing medical practices to get paid for the services performed.
Betsy is the founder of CodingIntel.com, a community web site devoted to physician reimbursement. She is also the author of The Field Guide to Physician Coding 3rd Edition and Auditing Physician Services 2nd Edition. She developed The Accurate Coding System™ to help doctors get paid for the work they do. As a certified professional coder, Betsy simplifies complex coding rules for practitioners and engages physicians and coders. She audits records for compliance and to identify lost revenue due to coding.
Find out more about Betsy Nicoletti, MS, CPC.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American College of Surgeons designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Of the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ listed above, a maximum of 1 credit meet the requirements for Self-Assessment.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEUs. Can be split between Core A, CPMA, CEDC and CPCO after successful completion of post-test for continuing education units.
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at email@example.com or call 312 642-8310
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|