On-Demand: 2022 E/M in the Office + Office Modifiers
Recorded On: 02/04/2022
2022 E/M in the Office + Office Modifiers
CEUs expire on 2/28/2023
Length: 2.5 hours
We’re one year into using revised E/M criteria in the office setting. We take an overview look at how code levels are selected under these AMA-defined changes. We cover in-depth how the AMA’s March 2021 Technical Corrections impact medical decision-making credit in orthopaedics. Last, we discuss appropriate use of E/M modifiers 24, 57, and 25 in the office setting.
This 2.5 hour virtual course analyzes the CPT E/M guidelines that apply to office new and established patient visits, presenting them in a distilled, understandable way. We break down and explain the restructured elements of Medical Decision Making and Time and demonstrate how they are applied using example scenarios.
In this session you will:
- Drill into the parameters of Medical Decision Making, and how the definitions of Problems Addressed, Data, and Risk come together to determine a level of service.
- Understand the nuances of how data credit is allowed (or not allowed), based upon information published by the AMA during 2021.
- Differentiate how Time is defined under the revised criteria, and what activities can be counted when selecting the level of service for codes 99202-99215.
- Take a detailed look at the definition of modifier 25 and how to defend against payor denials.
Sarah Wiskerchen, MBA, CPC
Consultant and Speaker
KarenZupko & Associates, Inc.
Sarah is an experienced, professional, approachable consultant and speaker who succeeds in helping clients identify both risk and opportunity in their coding, reimbursement, and operational systems.
Sarah has been KZA’s lead orthopaedic educator since 2020, has taught nationally for the AAOS workshop series since 2016, and has been helping orthopaedic clients for 28 years. Clients appreciate her knowledge of musculoskeletal scenarios and her down-to-earth teaching style.
She has significant consulting experience in orthopaedics, presenting on CPT and ICD-10 coding for the annual AAOS national workshop series and annual meetings for ASSH, AAOS, and OTA. Sarah has also presented for dozens of state societies, as well as a wide variety of academic, employed and private practices. Her comprehensive knowledge of complex surgical coding concepts, including ICD-10-CM codes and surgical modifiers specific to hand, shoulder, podiatry, hip, knee, and total joint procedures make her a sought-after educator, trainer and speaker.
Find out more about Sarah Wiskerchen, MBA, CPC.
AAPC Accreditation -- Expire 2/28/2023
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 2.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
On-Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test and evaluation.
Course Access and Expiration
You will have access to this package for 60 days from the day you purchase it.
You will have 30 days to complete the course(s) within the package.
The 30 days for a course starts the day you activate that course within the package.
Please note, if you start a course with less than 30 days left in the package access period (60 days from the time of purchase) you will only have until the end of that period.
Should you have questions, please contact us at
Registering Multiple Attendees
- Create, or have each attendee create, a user account here.
- If one person is creating all of the accounts you will need to log out each time to create the next account.
- Log in with the account that you wish to pay through and add desired products to your cart.
- Once you have selected all the desired products, go to your cart.
- You will initially be registered for each product. You can edit this after you have added the additional attendees using the "remove" button.
- To add the additional attendees select the green button in your cart titled “Add a Registration for Another User.”
- Enter the email address for the additional attendee. If they have an account their name will populate and you can select “Add Product for This User.”
- The attendee's name will appear in the registrant column under your own.
- Repeat this for each additional attendee.
- Proceed, filling out the additional information for each attendee and completing payment.
If you have any issues with completing your registration please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312 642-8310
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|